Vitamin B12 deficiency Charity Support Group
The B12 Deficiency Support Group (B12d, for short) is a charity. Our aims are to:
- Raise awareness of this condition amongst doctors and the general public, so that people can be diagnosed appropriately.
- Explain the signs and symptoms that a doctor or person who is diagnosing themselves should look out for, and how to make sure that you reach the right diagnosis and don't confuse B12 deficiency with something else.
- Ensure treatment is tailored to the needs of the patient, and where possible, make treatment available free at the point of need.
We rely entirely on donations. NHS will fund B12 for some patients - directly via your doctor. We show here and in our audits that a much wider range of conditions can beneficially be treated with Vitamin B12 replacement therapy. We are not able to send B12 to people. This is because we describe the symptoms of B12 deficiency on this site. We do not have B12 and we do not send it to anyone.
People with B12 deficiency exhibit a range of symptoms, which can include weakened immune system. Therefore we're no longer holding meetings until the danger from COVID-19 is over. Please email us on email@example.com with your questions, and/or download or buy the book "Vitamin B12 deficiency in clinical practice".
Please note that doctors can request copies of the full 299 page book "Vitamin B12 deficiency in clinical practice" for free by sending us an email. See blog (at the bottom of the page) for 9 July 2019
Whilst you are here:
- use the calculator to check your symptoms
- if you need advice, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your symptoms and your questions. Note that if you don't hear from us within 5 days, please assume that your email has been missed amongst the hundreds of other emails and send another email. Please don't get upset - we're doing the best that we can. It's a team but we're all volunteers.
- please donate to help us keep the website live, and produce the publications that we're working on
- if you want a monthly newsletter, then please create an account and tick the box to receive email newsletters
Finding your way around the web site
- You might start with What is B12d?, and what causes deficiency or download Dr Chandy's summary book www.b12d.org/book
- Look at some patient testimonials and television documentaries on the subject - you may recognise your own symptoms.
- Take the B12 deficiency calculator (big grey button, right), then take the results and the protocol to your GP to discuss.
- Check out the Blogs at the bottom - that's where we put news
- If you want to understand how cost-effective B12 replacement therapy is, then this might be a good place.
- You will also find the most recent updates and news below.