Vitamin B12 deficiency Charity Support Group
The B12 Deficiency Support Group (B12d, for short) is a charity. Our aims are to:
- Raise awareness of this condition amongst doctors and the general public, so that people can be diagnosed appropriately.
- Explain the signs and symptoms that a doctor or person who is diagnosing themselves should look out for, and how to make sure that you reach the right diagnosis and don't confuse B12 deficiency with something else.
- Ensure treatment is tailored to the needs of the patient, and where possible, make treatment available free at the point of need.
We rely entirely on donations, and our donations are used almost entirely to buy B12 to fulfil requests. NHS does not fund any of our B12, although NHS will fund some B12 for some patients - directly via your doctor. We show here and in our audits that a much wider range of conditions can beneficially be treated with Vitamin B12 replacement therapy.
If you wish to give whilst you shop online, please click through to Amazon via GiveGet
Lastly, please can you help us. 1) use the calculator to check your symptoms 2) if you need advice, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 3) if you need B12, please use the Members' Area to request (if you email to request, it creates a lot of extra work. If you put your symptoms on the request area, Dr Chandy won't see them) 4) please donate. We can't send B12 unless we can afford to buy it.
Finding your way around the web site
- You might start with What is B12d?, and what causes deficiency.
- Look at some patient testimonials and television documentaries on the subject - you may recognise your own symptoms.
- Take the B12 deficiency calculator (big grey button, right), then take the results and the protocol to your GP to discuss.
- If you want to understand how cost-effective B12 replacement therapy is, then this might be a good place.
- You will also find the most recent updates and news below.