Are you a doctor? Would you like a copy of the book "Vitamin B12 deficiency in clinical practice"? Would your doctor like a copy?
The B12d charity will send a copy of the book to any clinician who asks for one (in UK, at least).
To receive a copy, please send us:
Your registration number (GMC/ NMC/ HPC):
The postal address you want it sent to:
Phone number (required by Amazon in case of a problem with delivery)
Please note the following:
- it will come direct from Amazon - there's no point in paying two lots of postage
- Amazon only print a copy when we order it for you. There's no waste of paper, nor are there stocks of the book in boxes
- we can only accept requests directly from registered healthcare professionals - we won't send copies to doctors that they haven't requested (eg if a patient requests it because they want them to read it). If you want your doctor to read a copy, either take one and give it to them to read, or get them to request it from us
- we don't know what demand will be like. We will send out copies as long as we can afford it (which is why we're sending black-and-white copies), which depends on generous people donating to help us afford it for longer
- since the book has no profit (the cost is only the cost of Amazon printing) it's as cheap for the charity to buy on the Amazon website as to order author copies, so it really is cost-effective for us to buy copies and send them directly to you. Besides, Hugo has Amazon Prime = free delivery which I'm extending to the charity on my behalf
- this is the full 299 page book. Once you have this you don't have to buy anything else. It has everything in. This is not a promotion, we're just fulfiling the main aim of our charity which is to raise awareness of B12 deficiency
The books are available worldwide, but we're piloting this scheme in UK. If it's very successful and donations are generous, then we'll explore which other countries we can offer it. Most likely we'd want to extend it to Europe, USA, India although happy to hear what you think.
Note if you (anyone, doctor or patient or journalist or student) wish to download copies for free, or find out how to buy, then skip across to www.b12d.org/book